https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Sunday 6 October 2013

Spooky goings on at Totally Tilda

Hi guys, back today with my hanger for Totally Tilda, I don't really do Halloween but Kay loves it so all the projects I've done will probably end up at her house lol
The base is made using a Go Kreate die and the cheesecloth looks like cob web to me, I slightly sponged black and grey distress inks on to darken it slightly,
the background scene is made by using a Magnolia moon stamp which I have distressed with distress ink and ink dusters, small tutorial below
the fabby chipboard house/ fence and bat were part of my DT kit from La La land crafts, they are awesome!!! I added tiny pearls to the bat for it's eyes, all the chipboard items are coloured with distress inks,
the pumpkins are also from La la land crafts are are a fabby die cut complete with the face dies,

Tilda is coloured with my copics then fussy cut out and I bent and shaped her legs so she sitting down, to finish off the hanger I added a bit of gesso here and there,

Mini tutorial

To do a scene like mine you will need 

ink dusters
watercolour paper
distress inks - weathered wood/ black soot
Magnolia - moon stamp

I stamped the stamp roughly were I wanted it to be, not to high up and slightly off centre,
then I got the la la land crafts heart tree which I had cut out of card stock and placed it roughly where I wanted a cast shadow to be,

I then dabbed the two colours of distress ink through the tree holding my ink duster upright, sorry I have no pictures of this as I so need another pair of hands and hubby was at work lol, going round the outside of the tree also gives it a  depth shadow too,

keep the die cut  tree as you can then use it on your project!
shown is a tree using a lighter cardstock where as on here I used black,

when this is done I take my ink duster and my weathered wood and using side brush motions sweep from the side edges into the middle using light strokes in the centre for just a hint of colour so the moon appears to cast a shine, I  usually dab off a little of the ink on scrap paper for a lighter tint too, then go over this with the black soot again using sweeping motions from the sides, I used the ink from the pad straight onto my paper for this and lift my brush off using  a flicking  motion,

 again sorry i have no pictures but if you would like some just let me know and I will do a tutorial again with hubby's hands ready to hold the camera lol,

I keep on doing this till I get the right amount of colour/depth I want,
I also did the same background on my la- la -  land bat girl project  using the (paler card stock tree) a few posts ago, scroll down if you would like to see that too,

I then mounted the scene onto card too finish off,
we are kindly being sponsored today by



with this awesome prize pictured above, thank you so much xx

Items used
 Magnolia - So spooky collection - sitting witch Tilda
LLLC - pumpkin die
copics
spider - hobby craft
I'm looking forward to seeing your spooky Halloween creations, so join us in the fun,
hugs Liz xx

15 comments:

Monique said...

It is lovely Liz!

Hugs Monique

Crea Astrid said...

Wowwww, what a beautiful creation. Nice details.

Hugs, Astrid.

Unknown said...

I just love Halloween and your wall hanging looks absolutely fabulous Liz! Love the black/greys, makes your purple Tilda stand out beautifully! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

yvon said...

HI Liz,
Your card is gorgeous and now i'm in love with that beautiful tree. Thanks for de little tut.
Have a great sunday.
Hugs, Yvon

Papirskreppa said...

Great card. And thanks for showing us how to do the landscape on your card.

Beth Brovold said...

WOW Liz!! And thanks for sharing your tutorial!

Brigitte said...

It's beautiful Liz! Love that you did a hanger instead of a card. The pumpkins, bat and spider are bootiful! I particularly like the spider, it looks so real! Hugs, Brigitte

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous card and fantastic tips for background scene-thanks
hugs Tamara

Anonymous said...

Love the background, very creative
Hugs Julie P

Dragonlady said...

Liz your creation is fabulous, love the background and thanks for the inspirational tutorial.
Hugs Ali x

Hanna said...

LOVE IT!! Such a gorgeous Halloween decoration! The background you've created with your distress inks and the ink dusters is fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing your tutorial!

Hugs
Hanna

Janette said...

Your wall hanger is fabulous Liz, I don't do as much for Halloween as I once did, my youngest son was born on Halloween so you can imagine..lol...xxx

coops said...

so stunning liz.fabulous spooky details and i love your too cute to spook witch tilda :D

xx coops xx

Elaine said...

Fabulous Liz!
You make the perfect Halloween creations!
Love the colouring on Tilda and the embellies...all perfect.

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

Susie Sugar said...

Fabulous Liz ...nice to gave you back....missed you
Hugs Susie x