https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 24 March 2015

A cut Above

Hi guys, 
Over at Paper Take Weekly we have a fab challenge for you
A Cut Above,
this can be die cutting, fussy cutting, or using punches or any interpretation of your own!!


We have some friends who's christening their daughter soon so I thought this would fit in brill for the challenge theme too,
The adorable baby digi is by Mo Manning and is coloured with my copics the fussy cut out, I love my rubber stamps but digi's are so handy for when something comes up and you need a beautiful image that just fits the bill,
 I added hints of glitter to her dress, though typically it's not showing on here so well, I then layered her on top of some flowers and a die cut doily,
the fabric flower is from scrap and craft and the rest from Sweet lilac,
The beautiful lace is from The Ribbon Girl as is the top stitch thread too,
The papers are again from scrap and craft from the Heart painted paper pack, so looove this pack of papers, the chipboard corner detail and Christening day also was from there too,

I also made them an exploding cake box,
Using the gorgeous papers again, Sweet Lilac flowers on the lid and gorgeous edged ribbon from TRG,

The inside has more of the papers from the pack,

I again used the same digi image to keep the theme flowing and cut her out using a spellbinders circle and scalloped circle die, the flowers are from stash I've had years!!!!!
the rest have the date of the christening, and sentiments done on my computer, the pearl hearts are again from my stash,

I made the cakes using a similar way to the way I make my boxes for cards only added another layer for underneath to give them some support, then they got the same lovely papers used on the sides and tops,
I used some lace to give a pretty effect too, the button letters are again from my stash, I used one of those adorable teddies again, and yes still not found any more!!! then I stamped a small stamp in my stash with a couple of candles and a bible on it and fussy cut it out to sit on top of the cake to fit the occasion,

So I thought well that's a cut above too, lol

Recipe
15mm White church window guipure lace - TRG
Top stitch thread - TRG
Ruffle edge sheer Ribbon - TRG

Heart painted papers pack - scrap and craft
Chipboard pieces - scrap and craft
Fabric flower- scrap and craft

Flowers - sweet Lilac

Challenges
Mo Manning - Anything goes - optional green
In the pink - lots of layers
Scrap and craft - flowers
As you like it - favourite type of stamp -  digi or rubber



Come and join us in the fun!!!
Happy Crafting!!
Hugs Liz xx

8 comments:

Over Embellishing said...

This is ADORABLE! First the card- I love how the image is laying in the bed of flowers- very creative! Next, the box- HELLOOOOO! That is super fantastic- what an awesome keepsake for a little one!

Debs said...

Simply stunning!!!
So many beautiful details Liz a real treasured keepsake for sure.
Debs xx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous & cute Liz, love it!

Donna x

Carol S. said...

Pretty card and love the cake box. Two gorgeous keepsakes. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Sarah said...

What a beautifully crafted keepsake and I'm so pleased you brought it along to AYLI!! Good Luck!! Sarah :0)

Gina's Cards said...

OMG how fabulous is this!!! Love the card and the image is just adorable and the card is designed beautifully. The exploding box is stunning and will be treasured.
Hugs
Gina xx

Loopylou. said...

awww Liz this is just beautiful beyond words, I love it so much.
Thank you for playing along with us over on the DP2 challenge blog
hugs Lou xx

Debs said...

Just popping back to say:
Thanks for joining us at In The Pink.
Good luck.
Debs xx