https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Friday 29 May 2015

Yet another for the guys!!!!

Hi all, this month is a busy time for fellas cards in my family, I have my hubby's Anniversary card, his Birthday four days later, then I have my son - in- laws Birthday card the week after!!!!
phew!!! and they are hard work aren't they?
I've made my creation for my S-I-L this time because he's turning 30 and he's a plumber!!!
Actually I had some fun doing this mixed media project,

Sorry there's a few piccies, so grab a brew!!!!



I started off with paper Mache numbers, which I coloured with brushed pewter distress paint, when dry I took a semi damp baby wipe and lightly swiped colour bloom spray mist, precious stone over the top here and there, I attached these to a base and finished off with the same effect too,

The front of the numbers has a crumpled tissue layer on the base, coloured with black Gesso, when dry I added some torn embossed paper here and there too, the paper was a little too thick but it's my first attempt!! and next time i would also paint them with the gesso first too, but  hopefully I'll live and learn, lol

On top of these and in between I have added some Viva Gold waxes in Jade Green, Turquoise and Silver, these give an awesome sheen!!!!
When these were dry I then stencilled with grunge paste through a couple of different stencils in my stash, leaving some of the stenciling, the colour of the paste and some coloured with the waxes,

I also used some corrugated card, chipboard and bolts, cogs, washers and chain to keep the plumbing theme in!!! hubby came in handy with the chain, washers etc after getting a strange look from him when i asked if he had any going spare, especially since he's an Electrician not a plumber!!! he he


Talking of Plumbers, have you spotted him ??
Don't laugh, I hand drew him, coloured the parts, layering him up after fussy cutting  into separate bits, I  hope it will make him laugh!!!
NOT THAT HE HAS A BUILDERS BUM !!!! but i couldn't resist!!!!!!!


Let me know what you think!!
oh err maybe I shouldn't have said that, lol

Challenges
Tando Creative - Home Decor
Simon says Wednesday - Anything Goes
That's Crafty - Numbers chalenge


Happy Crafting!!
Ps : I'm going to a craft show at Bolton Arena tomorrow, yeah!!!
might just see you there, lol

Hugs Liz xx


4 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Absolutely stunning a lot of love has gone into this Ginny x

Carol S. said...

Brilliant!! Great design love the texture and embellies. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Carol Plume said...

great piece, loving your hand drawn element!! Thank You for sharing at Tando Creative.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant and so perfect for your Plumber SIL.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby