https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Thursday 17 December 2015

Winter Holidays

Hi all, I'm here with my last post this year for Tando Creative, this time the theme is Winter Holidays and I just couldn't resist this Mini Christmas Scenelit to alter,

It comes in layers which you glue together, I started with the back and worked to the front,
I stippled texture sand on the moon then when dry painted it with Paynes grey fluid acrylic and Titan buff, when dry I used some Raw Umber antiquing cream over the top swiped on with a wet wipe,
The roofs of the houses have modeling paste through a mini distressed sequin mask, then when dry painted with white Gesso and a little glamour dust added on top,
The walls of the houses are done with Titan Buff and Burnt Umber,

The fur trees have Blue green light fluid acylics painted on, then when dry i added some liquid applique for a snow effect,

The fence was painted with crackle paint then i went over when dry with burnt umber, this looks fab in real life as the wood looks aged, again i added the liquid applique for snow, the bells are painted with silver fluid acylics,
The base snow is made with modeling paste, spread thicker in some places and tweaked with my  knife to get the effect, this has a little glitter on too,
The large tree has crackle paste on then when dry I again swiped Raw Umber antiquing cream on over the top with a wet wipe, hopefully you can see the crackle effect which makes the tree look old and interesting!!
I painted the frame on this layer with some white Gesso then when dry put some Silver fluid acylic onto my wet wipe and swiped over the frame, this added some of the silver here and there but not as solidly as painted on,


I finished it off with some die cut leaves, cheesecloth and flowers from The Ribbon Girl,
I'm back on Tuesday for paper Take Weekly,

challenges
Altered electics 
Country view - create a scene
Hugs Liz xx



3 comments:

Pamellia said...

So much fun Liz. Love all the wonderful snowy peaks you have added to everything. The fence and the little bells are such great details. hugs :)

Sue said...

This is fab Liz, I love your textured snow. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very merry Christmas. Sue xx

hazel said...

A fabulous project, thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.
xxx Hazel.